Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Past, Vol. 2: Waiting and Wondering

I wonder
if you're a hairless wonder
or underneath a hairy guy?

I wonder
If I'll blunder
and start to cry?

I wonder
if you will plunder
my depths and make me sigh?

I wonder
about these tiny lines on your face
will I touch every one
with my fingers, follow them until they've been traced?

I wonder
about the heart that beats in your chest
Will it pound til dawn
or be calm
absorbing me with zest?

I wonder
about your lips
will they be wet to the touch
and will you kiss my fingertips?

I wonder
will you taste sweet
when me you greet
in a rest'raunt or cafe?

Will you seem cold
Quiet or bold
When you meet me halfway?..

I wonder
what your shoulders will feel like
When I rub my hands down them?

And I wonder
What your special "touch-points"'ll do
Once I've finally found them?

I wonder
what it will feel like
to be wrapped up in your arms

Will you be full of charm,
Or will you warm
My cold heart from a long-lost place?

2 comments:

Jon Boatwright said...

Very good stuff, Jennifer. These have the double nature of erotic love songs and praise of the psalms. Thanks so much for sharing them. Keep writing!

Jennifer Thomas said...

To be perfectly honest, this stuff makes ME blush. I really didn't think anyone read my blog, so I just let loose and posted my writingsd, old and new. But the two from yesterday (3/16/11) actually have me fanning myself a bit. I guess I feel a bit exposed. Not with those of you I know.... but the stranger, I suppose.