Monday, June 7, 2010

My Demanding Teenager

Jun 01, 09 through Jun 01, 10 has been a tough year....on my car! Poor thing's been banged up more than I have and is even older than I am in car years (1 year for human = 2,000 miles). Her latest "emergency procedure" involved a blowout on the highway (I haven't had a salon blowout myself in ages!), which somehow necessitated the purchase of ... See MoreFOUR new tires. She is my petulant teenager, always getting her way with me and my limited discretionary funds! Seems she's constantly asking for more and more $$$ for the gas station, facials and massages at the body shop, and LOTS of ongoing maintenance. She likes to be turned on (new battery a few months ago), regularly inspected by some rather dirty-looking men, and now - expensive shoes for all four feet! (and at prices I'd never even consider for my OWN shoes). Who says I'm not a parent?!

No comments: